20 Things Only Parents of Gymnasts Understand
1. All music is judged on whether it would make good floor music.
2. This is how homework is done.
3. And math is explained like this:
4. Your tiny sprite of a child has hands of a lumberjack.
5. The panic that ensues when your daughter forgot to remove her nail polish before the meet.
6. This is what your living room looks like.
7. Your daughter has competition leotards that cost more than any single piece of clothing in your own closet.
8. You can say “butt glue” with a straight face.
9. This is how your kid walks around your house:
10. The vital importance of getting a kip.
and making it to Level 7.
11. How most kids play on the slide:
How your kid plays on the slide:
12. Even your snowmen are upside down:
13.Your little girl and her buddies have six packs.
14. The word “flip flop” doesn’t mean shoe and a “giant” is not a character in a fairy tale.
15. How most kids play at the beach:
How your child plays at the beach:
17. How most kids play with a ball:
how your kid plays with a ball:
18. How most kids play with a rope at summer camp:
how your child plays with a rope at summer camp:
19. How most kids eat dinner:
How your child eats dinner several nights a week:
20. Knowing it is worth it when you see these faces:
and have these moments: